The kids are on a roll this week:
- "Mommy, if I grow up to be a giant, I won't fit in my pink car!" (I'm always telling Jillian to drink her milk so she can be a giant and pat Mama on the head. She also thinks that she can buy a Barbie pink car "for real" when she's big like me.)
- "Mom, please don't try a new recipe tonight." (You think I was offering him some freaky Fear Factor dare meal. Ooh, I'm so dangerous when I play around with potatoes!!)
- "Mom, why do teachers want you to think so much?" (My poor 5th grader. He is allergic to thinking.)
- "Mom likes her kisses." (They are talking about Hershey kisses. I have a stash in the cupboard.)
- "Mom, didn't you see that hair sticking up? Were you listening to me when I asked you? I won't ask you again. (that would be nice) " (My soon to be 14 year old and his morning hair assessment. It's always fun to have a side teen attitude with my English muffin.)
Hope to visit you all soon. I need to help my 5th grader with his book project tonight. He is the king of procrastination. I'll probably need a bag of Hershey kisses to get through our brainstorming session together.
Off to get more tissues. I'll make sure to hide from that bathroom mirror!