Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Someday I'll have a garden

I love flowers! When I was looking at pictures for this blog, I focused on pictures of flowers. Zinnias in a field looked so serene and inviting. I thought it was the perfect picture to open my blog. In my home, most of my pictures and paintings are floral. I'm now looking for a vibrant Georgia O'Keefe print to add even more brilliant, color flowers to my decor. I think my hubby feels like he is drowning in flowers some days. But he is a good sport and let's me do my thing when it comes to decorating. It's funny when I think of how I tend to focus on floral patterns whenever I'm shopping. I'll come home with floral tablecloths, floral bedding, floral curtains, etc. I guess you see where I'm going with this : )

Considering how much I love flowers, you would think that I have the most amazing garden at my home. Sorry to say that is not the case. I do have fresh cut flowers on my table at times. I love to compliment my friends' gardens. It would be great to have my own beautiful garden. I really don't want to wait until my retirement years for this dream to come true. I think my kids could be great helpers to start our family garden this spring. Who knows if I even have a green thumb? I may find out very quickly that I should stick to enjoying my flower pictures : ) I know it will be fun trying anyway. Hooray for the Internet! I'm sure I can find great gardening sites filled with tips for a beginner like me. I know the kids will enjoy getting their hands dirty too!

4 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Oh, good luck with your garden. Five years ago I didn't give it a care, and now I have over 3 dozen roses, and love them all! I am obsessed with their names. My most recent acquisitions are Paris in April, First Kiss, and Queen Elizabeth. I will have more to show in the spring at san pedro daily photo. Looking forward to seeing what you grow!
LL

Sara Moriarty said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new garden. I am sure it will be beautiful seeing that you are so passionate about flowers already. My mother is a Master Gardener - I will ask her for sites that she recommends. Good luck and share tons of photos. be sure to take "before" pics also. It is so exciting and rewarding to watch something progress. Yay, yay, yay! I am super excited for you!

LuAnn said...

I love your flower picture on here. It reminds me of my mom's yard. I did not receive her green thumb at all!!!!
My hat is off to you and your garden. Many pics please!!!

Jenners said...

I am so not a gardener type but when we moved into our house now there was fantastic little space by the front door that just cried out for something. I got a book on perennial garden design and adapated one of their designs to my space (it cost quite a bit -- like $300 to get the plants) BUT it was worth it. The flowers come back bigger and stronger every spring and it looks amazing. Plus perennials don't require lot of care after the first initial year ... just basic pruning and cutting back. If you decide to try your hand, I recommend perennials! : )