Saturday, July 9, 2011

Me? Sit Still?

If  you ask my mom about my activity level, she would say that I'm always on the move.  Even as a little girl, I couldn't sit still.  I'm amazed to think that I would sit so contentedly in those wooden college seats listening with all my being to my literature professors.  Even though I sat quietly, I felt my mind loving the constant journey of ideas in all those great works.  I'll never worry that there is no rest stop in that journey.  A new image or a new idea is always ready for those who want to chase it, harness it, and digest it.

Movement fascinates me.  I'm starting to realize how I look for movement in all the things that I enjoy.  When I watch a beautifully choreographed dance, I feel my soul lift.  When I get caught up in the movement of brushstrokes on a "breathing" canvas, I feel doors within open.  When I run through the  yard with my children laughing, I feel my heart do cartwheels.

The more I move, physically, intellectually, and emotionally, I find treasures of peace and jolts of excitement.

Here I am, Energizer Kelly.  Mom, I still run around, but now I found out why.

Keep on moving.  Keep that engine going.  You're fueled up and ready to go.


(P.S. The karaoke vlog (scary) is coming soon.  Hopefully, you'll all still follow me after that spectacle.  Time for me to move my derriere out of this chair and find that swimsuit.  A pool party is calling my name.  I promise not to sing there.  My kids would probably dunk me quickly after that performance.)

17 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Being energetic is good for you, eats up the calories and keeps you fit.


I would like to say a big thank you for commenting on all those poems of mine, It is much appreciated and it brings joy to my heart.

Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.

Unknown said...

This post was moving!

Ken Devine said...

The more I move, physically, intellectually, and emotionally, I find treasures of peace and jolts of excitement.
I love that sentence...it's a great reminder. A lovely post.

Valerie said...

Keep it up, Kelly. I used to be a 'mover' but that was a long time ago. Loved this post, it made me feel young and active again.

Caitlin said...

Gosh, I WISH I was a mover. I tend to enjoy being stationary WAY more. Always have just wanted to sit around and read, even as a child. Share the love a little this way can you?!

Betty Manousos said...

me either!

Fabulous post!
thanks for the great reminder, kelly!

have a blessed day!

hugs
betty xx

kisatrtle said...

A great post!

the wild magnolia said...

Fine points to follow as we observe our life. As I often say most of the beauty, and joy at our fingertips, is free.

Thanks, Energizer Kelly, for sharing!

Happy, happy Summer Sunday!

The Write Girl said...

I hope you enjoyed the pool party. I love your thoughts on movement. So inspiring and beautiful.

Jenners said...

I am your polar opposite. I'm an excellent sitter stiller. However, today the Little One and I went on a 3.5 mile hike and I think I actually (for the first time) felt the thing everyone talks about with exercise: endorphins. WOW!! Now I get it!!!

Joy said...

It's great to be moving. I've had to consciously restrain myself; I used to be always on the move...now it's just flights of fancy and dreams...love this too!

Michelle said...

I am so with you on that - and I get it 100%. The movement and light in the world is what gets me going and ... productive.

Kim said...

I'm not surprised that you are always on the go. I agree so much about the need to move every part of ourselves - our physical, emotional, spiritual selves.

Randi said...

We are indeed kindred spirits. I read this whole post going, "Yes! Yes!" I tend to move quickly. Except when I am driving. Then I always obey the speed limit. *cough*

Gail Dixon said...

What a great post! You articulated so many things that I feel. It's so inspiring to come here and read your words.

T Rex Mom said...

People say the exact same thing about me. And now we say it about our daughter, "Always on the move." But I do get a lot accomplished.

Nice to know there are other ladies out there that myself. Guess this explains why I was a dancer for so many years!

Gerri said...

Kelly, I have told you many times that you are my hero. You are such a blessing to your family. How could you do what you do and NOT be an energized woman? Hooray for you!!