- I think my husband's snoring could drown out the horn section of an orchestra.
- Trying to be grammatical while texting annoys my teenage son.
- Do you think sucking in my gut now for 5 minutes straight could cancel out that big dessert?
- My daughter thinks that Santa's toy shop is dedicated only to making Barbies for her this year. She put 2 of her brothers on the naughty list.
- It's probably not a good idea to visibly look aghast (fancy 19th century word, isn't it?) when your son's teacher tells you that he's 26. I have blazers that age.
- Telling boys to watch out for huge puddles in order to preserve sneakers doesn't seem to register well in their brains during intense rainstorms.
- What should I make for dinner tomorrow night? Just thought I would throw that one out to you. My dinner idea arsenal is empty.
- Ouch! I'm feeling old when my teen son said to his friend in the car, "Sorry that you have to listen to my mom's music. It's from a long time ago." I know that cavemen chanting and beating drums music doesn't sit well with the young people. (It was a great song from Cheap Trick.)
- Three year old boys (who I really don't know) like to hug my legs at bus stops. Little kids seem to think I'm a Disney character or Ronald McDonald, like one of those Pied Piper figures who become magnets for kids. I wonder if their mothers are starting to get annoyed with me. My kids don't make a fuss about me. But these other little ones want me to do a jig or juggle or something.
- Do you think I should try to do a vlog? How can I sneak that one past hubby?
- It's 10:11 PM and I need to sneak by snoring hubby and get all cozy with my book. I have also made the observation that ignored laundry can wait until tomorrow.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Mama Playing Scientist (sort of)
My 11 year old son and I have been discussing what it takes to be a scientist. I tell him to always keep his eyes open and ask questions. Maybe I'll put on the scientist cap right now at 9:59 PM. With that soothing dishwasher rumble in the background, I feel like sharing some observations/questions.