Friday, December 11, 2009

Over the Top Holiday Newsletters - Fun and Games With Jenners


Creative Jenners, over at Life with A Little One and More, is hosting a game called "Over the Top Holiday Newsletters." Some days, this "life" I described in my over the top newsletter may not be too far fetched. This was a fun game to do. Jump over to Jenners' blog to join in.


Dear Family and Friends,

It has been an eventful twelve months here at Kelly's Circus! I know many of you don't necessarily agree with our family's decision to pursue our dreams as circus performers. Maybe you'll consider coming to a performance (held on the third Thursday of every month in our glue gunned Home Depot Instant Circus Tent behind our deck) after reading about my talented crew here at Kelly's Circus.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present our illustrious and often whining circus performers:

Curly Top Kelly Suburban New York's Premier Mama Juggler: Watch as Kelly juggles juice boxes, basketballs, paper towels, dirty socks, meatballs, 4,232 school memos and half-naked Barbie dolls all on one foot!!

Sometimes Awake Extraordinaire Hubby Neighbor Tamer: Watch as snoozing (definitely unconscious) husband bellows out various snoring sounds to scare away even the most ferocious and obnoxious neighbor as they approach his rocking recliner. Do they dare go near without earmuffs?

Almost Teen Gadget High Wire Boy: You will be amazed at the concentration exhibited by this young man as he balances on the high wire while texting, Ipoding (circus term) and mumbling. Such powers of concentration on his gadgets. I bet he won't even notice the audience!

The Clown of 1,001 One Liners: The mismatch king will model his unique and eclectic fashion sense as he entertains the audience with one sarcastic remark after another. Trained for years by Curly Top Mama, our clown will do his characteristic "Captain Kirk" eyebrow raise as he zings you with a clever quip. This week's line: "I'll show you outrageous!" Dictionaries to explain his witticisms will be available at our lemonade stand after the show.

Huggy Boy and Sweetie Pie's Stuffed Animal Parade: Watch how this four foot and under duo arrange 3,419 stuffed animals into the longest, longest, longest parade as they await your ooh's and ahh's after each animal's entrance. No snoozing allowed during the parade (except snoring Hubby) because our little performers may get a little miffed if they're ignored. Curly Top Kelly will suggest the "acceptable" compliment for each animal's debut. We don't want unhappy little circus performers. They may tear down the tent :)

So that's how I spend my third Thursdays. The rest of the week is mostly spent finding all of those stuffed animals :) I'm enclosing some complimentary tickets (designed by Jillian in beautiful finger smudged water color) in case you would like to see all our "talent" in person!

Love,

Kelly and the circus troupe (is that how you spell "troupe"?)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

C'mon, you know that without the protection of the fearless bellowing snorer, the whole outfit would have been eaten in the attack of the aurally sensitive ants. You just know it!

Emmy said...

Love it! Very well done. Sounds like our husbands might share a talent. My husband can fall asleep anywhere anytime.

Joanne said...

Your circus puts Ringling Bros. to shame! Send me a couple tickets to next Thursday's Greatest Show on Earth ;)

shabby girl said...

Kelly, this was fantastic! LOL! It really gives us a picture of every one of you. You're so clever!

T Rex Mom said...

Nice! We'll come visit your circus if you come visit us on the moon base! (I posted a newsletter too!)

Randi said...

I laughed the whole way through! You know what? I BELIEVE you can juggle all those things! And wow--I thought my son had a lot of stuffed animals. Your circus puts mine to shame.

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl that sounds awesome. I always say that I have a traveling 3 ring circus when i am out with all 3 of my kids alone. Everyone just stares & probably thinks..."that Poor mom" LOL

Susan Fobes said...

Mine certainly would not be as good as yours Kelly! A circus act-yes, that is right on.

Jillien said...

That was sooo funny! You're so imaginative!!

I'm inspired to join in!

JM

Jenners said...

This was perfect!! You totally captured each member of your family in such a realistic yet highly circusy way! I love that there was a grain of truth in every performer's bio! I would so attend this circus ... but might avoid the snoozing husband ... sounds a little scary!

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

LOl Kelly, this was hilarious - and gave an excellent snippet of each of your family's characterisations. :):)


(Win one of five unique prizes from South Africa in the Christmas Contest on my blog)

Creativity said...

Lol :) :)

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

That is TOO cute! I'd definitely come for a visit! :0)

Hope you're enjoying a wonderful Christmas season!

Teresa <><

Kringle said...

Your post made me smile :)

Michelle said...

That's so fun! I think you should send that out to some friends and family who would get a kick out of it. What a blast!

(And yes, that's how you spell troupe in that context) :)

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Amazing creativity! What a clever twist on the over the top christmas letter!

I can't believe that is just your thursday! You need to write up the other days of the week too.

Hyacynth said...

LOL! You were on a roll, mama! Best. Christmas.Letter.Ever. I'd love to get something like that in the mail!

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE this! Especially since it painted the perfect picture of your circus! May I have a ticket, please? ;)

Caitlin said...

Haha! Love it. I hear you on the earmuffs for the snoring husband...ARGH!