I wish I could put together a survival guide for my husband who will be handling my three rambunctious little monkeys tomorrow. A Saturday with my three youngest acrobats may drive him to a peaceful life in Tibet!
He is put to the test tomorrow because I will be at the Yankee game with my oldest son. My husband was given these tickets, and we are very excited to see the Yankees play. Since my hubby's back is bothering him, he doesn't think that he is a good candidate for the stadium seats. Lucky me gets to have some fun at the game. I've always been a Yankee fan so I'm looking forward to cheering for my home team again. When I was a kid, I would keep track of all the stats back in the days of Guidry, Mattingly, Righetti, Munson, Randolph and Winfield. You guys know that I need an outing and that I'll make the most of it :)
Sitting in the stadium, I know that I'll wonder if my three young ones are jumping one too many times on Daddy's back. Will that poor back survive this onslaught?
Here is my Friday High Five of possible situations that my husband will have to confront tomorrow:
- "Daddy, where is the baby's bottle for my doll? No, Daddy, not that one. It's the special one that I ALWAYS use. Please, please, please, please, Daddy find it NOW!"
- "Daddy, he never lets me play a long time on the Wii. He thinks he knows everything. So that's why I hid the Wii remote. Help! He put me in a headlock."
- "Daddy, I hate when the chicken has brown spots on it. Mommy knows just the right time to take it out of the oven. I won't eat it ever!"
- "Daddy, why can't I ride my bike down the street? I won't get hurt, I promise. I don't want to wait for Jillian to go with us. Why does she tell us what to do all the time?"
- "I'm bored." Two minutes passes. "I'm still bored." One minute passes. "We have nothing to do." Thirty seconds later, I can see my husband handing them dust cloths and turning them into the chore brigade :)
Wouldn't it be cool if my son caught a ball in the left field section tomorrow?
Run on over to Angela's Adventures and Minor Mishaps to join in the Friday High Five fun!