My dear, talented friend, She Poet, tagged me for this meme. So here I go.
1) What’s your current obsession? poetry, cooking shows, Project Runway
2) What’s your weirdest obsession? I've been watching my favorite cartoons from the 60's and 70's: Scooby-Doo, Dasterdly & Muttley, Josie & The Pussycats
3) What are you wearing today? Very BRIGHT orange t-shirt and my comfy pants
4) Why is today special? The kids are outside playing nicely today! Alleluia!
5) What would you like to learn to do? dance, paint, sculpt
6) What’s the last thing you bought? Food and school supplies
7) What are you listening to right now? Pinky Dinky Doo cartoon and I'm singing "Come Away With Me" by Nora Roberts in my head :)
8) What’s your favorite weather? Cool autumn days and warm summer breezes
9) What’s your most challenging goal right now? Finding time to exercise regularly
10) What do you think about the person who tagged you? A gifted poet and writer with a lovely heart and creative soul. Visit She Poet. You'll love her blog too!
11) What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Chocolate in any form. I have gone on chocolate hunts through my house when I really need a chocolate "fix". I think it's an addiction now!
12) Favorite vacation spot? I would love to go to a beautiful tropical island. I did enjoy Disney World years ago, but I was so exhausted.
13) What would you like to have in your hands right now? My father's hand. Wish he was still here.
14) What would you like to get rid of? The tension on my block.
15) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go: A safari tour of the beautiful African plains. (You know that my husband would never agree to that one:)
16) Which language do you want to learn? Russian. I would love to read some of my favorite classic Russian novelists (Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy) in their own language. It would be funny to watch my kids' faces if I barked out orders in Russian :) I also would like to know a bit about 12 year old American slang. What does my son mean when he says, "you were powned?"
17) What super power would you like to possess? Flying would be cool.
18) What’s your favorite thing about the city you live in? I live in a suburb of NYC so I will have to pick The Metropolitan Museum of Art. A place of wonder and inspiration.
19) What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? A navy jacket that dresses up any outfit.
20) What’s your dream job? Broadway actress or dancer. Wouldn't it be nice to hear applause every night?
21) If you had $/£/€150 now what would you spend it on? In US Dollars that's $215.43. Can you point me to the nearest bookstore? I also would like to finally get an Ipod:)
22) Do you admire anyone’s style? Do you know Padma Lakshmi on Top Chef? She has wonderful taste in clothes and wears them so well. It would help if I had her body :)
23) Describe your personal style. Relaxed, but neat. I love color all around me.
24) Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to? The Project Runway season finale.
25) What talent would you like to have? I love all the photography blogs that I have found. I admire my photography friends' talent and creative eye. They give me inspiration every day.
26) What are you most proud of? My kids are caring and respectful. They feel for other people.
27) If you could choose one person to have lunch with who would it be and why? Any of my blogging buddies. It would be great to have a nice conversation and some laughs in person:)
Now the rules of this tag:
1) Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.
I'm tagging these blogging friends to play along:
H F W
I invite everyone to play too! I love learning about all you guys :)