It's Friday High Five time again! Visit Angela's Adventures and Minor Mishaps to join in the fun.
My mom has always said to me, "Kelly, slow down! You'll hurt yourself." Here are 5 examples of my mom's words coming painfully true when I rushed around.
- I was never in a ballet class, but I thought that I could master the dance moves in my kitchen. So thinking that I could "wing it" in my nine year old way, I must have kicked my leg up too far and fell flat on my back inches from squishing my 5 year old brother.
- When we were teenagers dating, my husband brought me down to his cellar to show me something that he thought was interesting. I can't remember what it was. Most likely, it had to do with cars. As we entered his parents' dark and musty cellar, I didn't hear my husband's warning to watch my head. I turn around quickly and banged my head hard on a huge low pipe. I took a lump for love on that day.
- When we were kids, we did some crazy maneuvers on our roller skates. No helmets or pads. Amazing that we survived those days. One time, I let some big mouth kid push me into a roller skate race down the steepest, broken up sidewalk in the neighborhood. I lost the race. Gratefully, I didn't lose any teeth when I ran into those garbage cans.
- Here's a familiar scenario for many of you. First time mom upstairs when I hear my little one screaming his lungs out downstairs. Thinking that I was able to fly or something, I went down the stairs too fast. My butt bounced off the last three steps. By my second kid, I learned quickly that I don't have to jump for every cry.
- As I sit here typing, I have my swollen ankle propped up with a Scooby-Doo pillow. Yesterday, I rushed to get out the door so I could get my kindergartner to his bus. I missed one of the front steps and landed smack on my ankle. I'm hop-a-long Kelly today.