Luci over at DivinelyWritten tagged me to share ten tidbits of personal information with all of you. So here is my list, in no particular order of importance:
1. I'm scared of anything related to vampires or Dracula. When I was six, we lived in an apartment across the street from a cemetery. I remember holding the sheet up to my neck when I was trying to go to sleep.
2. When I first started writing poems, I fell for some of those poetry contest/publishing scams. I can't believe that I sent money to those guys. My poem is in a poetry anthology gathering dust on a shelf. It is still nice to see my name in print. Me and 1000 other trusting poets :)
3. In the first grade, I followed a neighborhood girl all over the neighborhood. At 6, this little girl wanted me to try and take off the gas covers off of cars. I just watched her do it. We were missing for an hour. My mom was a wreck. Gratefully, we found our way back home.
4. During one trip to Hershey Park, my kids wanted me to go to the "Guess your weight/guess your age" prize giveaway game. Well, the weight guess was not going to happen. I let them guess my age. She said 27! I was very happy since I was 37.
5. During a trip to the museum, I mistakenly grabbed another guy's arm and started walking around the museum, gabbing away. It took me a moment or two to notice that he wasn't my husband.
6. I love bookstores and libraries. I can window shop in a bookstore for a long time. Now with the kids, I do all my browsing online. I do miss those days of walking around the store reading book jackets.
7. I can't miss dessert. I really need my chocolate at night. If I don't get it, I go through some kind of withdrawal. I know that I have no will power in this area. Oh well, chocolate is hard to resist.
8. When I was 8 months pregnant with my third son, I had to crawl somehow into a tight little room to turn off the water. You can imagine how I squeezed into that space. The toilet had overflowed big time and my husband was at work. Wet and a mess, I'm sure I had plenty of Braxton's contractions after that fiasco.
9. My number one pregnancy craving is vanilla shakes. The creamier, the better. Now I don't really get them. I guess I drank my share during my pregnancies. My post baby body would rather stay with those chocolate fixes.
10. I need to start doing yoga again. In 2002 (I know that is a long time ago), I was doing my little yoga thing everyday in my living room. Difficult at times, when toddlers would be trying to sit on my back or stomach during a pose though. It was such a great feeling after a relaxing yoga session. I hope my body can get into some of those crazy positions again. It's a much older, creakier body these days :)
Enjoy your Sunday!