It's February already, and I'm a month late in setting some goals for this new year. I admire my fellow bloggers who categorize their goals and share their aspirations with such determination and enthusiasm. I warn you now that my goal list will be thrown together right on the spot. After cleaning up snow puddles all over my floor (yet another snow day for the kids), I'm enjoying these few minutes of venting, sharing and hanging with all of you.
Time to stand up to the blog mike and think of my top ten goals for 2011. Wait, I have to stop and run over to give more crackers to Jillian. Thanks for waiting. I'm back! Let's see what jumps into this old noggin as a good set of goals for me.
- Fix my treadmill, or at least reposition it so that I remember its existence.
- Consider a hairstyle change. I've had the same look since the 90's.
- Read a whole book in one week. I have to get sneaky with my reading time. Maybe I can balance a book on a pot while I stir my tomato sauce?
- Dust off my French review book. Can I trade my Bronx accent for a French one? Or should I go for a hybrid accent and impress my Bronx friends and most likely annoy any Parisian who crosses my path? Oh I'm sure to be going to a French cafe soon. LOL
- Imagine that there is a tattoo on my forehead that says "PATIENCE, MAMA! JUST BREATHE THROUGH THE CRAZINESS!"
- Purchase a Hello Dolly style gardening hat and actually grow something in my yard. The challenge will be for me to keep it alive. That could be on next year's list.
- After writing my weekly grocery list, keep the pencil handy and write a poem. Watch I'll start thinking about peanut butter as my Muse!
- Put the laptop on my lap for nighttime blog catch up when I'm watching Jillian fall to sleep. I need to keep these eyes open during that free time so I can say hello to all of you!
- Put my to do lists into action. I want to organize; I need to organize. Maybe I need an organizing coach or something. Doesn't Oprah have one that she can share?
- Come on Kel! Can't you make the last one serious? Maybe I'll be more reflective in 2012. Anyway, here is my final goal: Discover 20 more ways to make chocolate desserts.
Miss Jillian is here, and my tiny boss is telling me that it's Nick Jr. time on the computer. Time to kick Mama off. She said, "That's enough Mama." Maybe I should have put a spa trip on my goals list...