where I stay behind the scenes
counting each pause and stumble.
Shake my hesitation from my mind
as I fumble through faded pages
wondering how to pace through life.
Just had to get out that rough "work in progress poem" to see how it sits right now.
Now behind door # 2, you may find all the randomness that hits me at this moment (3:59 PM).
- Jillian and I skipped happily off to one of those body lotion stores to get a gift for my friend. As I'm trying out one of the body creams on my hand, a young salesgirl comes up to me and says, "Are you thinking of that scent for you?" I reply, "No, it's for a friend." She says, "Well, if she's around your age, you want to pick out a scent for more mature women." Okay, thanks for aging me right there on the spot!!!
- My little girl hands me a drawing and says, "Look how I'm so good at doing abstract." She is like a sponge for new vocabulary words.
- Tonight is my final parent orientation. Hooray! I realized that I'll be going to parent orientations for the next 12 years. Now you know what will be keeping me busy in September and early October for the next decade or so. I probably will be able to recite each teacher's speech by heart soon.
- A public service announcement: To all you parents of boys who think they are linebackers at 7, please get out of the way when your son wants to practice tackling you. Your back will thank you.
- My 13 year old son had to eat his words when he said, "Mom, you can't help me with this advanced math problem. You like English. You can't handle these problems." Guess who figured out the problem? Surprise! Surprise! Between you and me, I hope he doesn't ask me again. I really am not a math kid at all :)
- I need that genie to blink her eyes and give me a jacuzzi for stress release. Job hunting for hubby is trying on both of us. I'm worrying about how he's handling the stress. I don't want it to start taking a physical toll on him. I've decided to add a mandatory dose of humor to our day, whether it's a funny movie, joke, YouTube video, or watching me do a silly dance. Whatever it takes to keep him on the positive side. Wish me luck! If I do too many of these dances, I better watch that my nosy neighbor (yes I have one of those) will suggest that I'm off my rocker :) These days, I'm just trying to keep it together for everyone. That's probably the energy that is pushing my poem above. My poetry muse has been in hiding lately.