Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Haiku Conversation and An Invitation

I'm not sure how my mind works some days. Today, as I watched Scooby-Doo with my daughter, I thought it would be interesting to do a conversation between Sir Lancelot and Queen Guinevere in haiku. This is totally out of left field considering that I haven't thought about these Camelot lovers in ages. Muse, thanks for giving me something new to play with today :) I am still on the fence whether this haiku treatment of this subject works, but it was a fun writing exercise for me. I'm also kicking around the idea of turning this into some kind of script for a longer exploration of these characters. Maybe there is something in this sudden inspiration that will keep my writing hand busy for a while. Thanks for reading!

A Whisper in the Grove - a series of haikus

Queen I must breathe here
the willingness to circle
your glance of invite

Knight I dare to risk
the censure of a just King
for a love to build

Queen I need no fame
shackling my expression
of what burns within

Knight I can't hold joy
knowing that it all must end
with a King's cold word

One more thing! I have a lovely friend, Angela over at The Overflowing Well. Angela is a loving, inspiring, talented, gracious, generous, beautiful soul who is a pleasure to know. Each time I visit Angela, I feel like my outlook on life is brighter and my spirit is lighter. She's a joy! Please say hello to my friend for me :)

23 comments:

glnroz said...

It is incredible that you tell such a story in short, and confined rules.

Diane said...

That was gorgeous!!!Do you know about the Rose and Thorn Journal online magazine. The ladies are friends of mine and this would be a great submission! :O)

Unknown said...

The words are so lyrical, almost as if they are singing to each other...I like it!

Debbie said...

It is great and I agree that you should submit it.

Caitlin said...

Awesome haikus! You should continue with this story- I am intrigued!

Creativity said...

Fantastic :) :) Fabulous Haikus Dear :) :) After a long time, u are here with poems :) :) I really enjoyed reading. thanks a lot for sharing poems :) :)

Jenners said...

Love your haiku series. And you somehow got all inspired after watching Scooby Doo? Your muse must like cartoons!

Angela said...

I love the fact that you are picking up inspiration from the most unlikely of places. Fantastic. You inspire me daily to really take the plunge and commit to writing.

Oh, and btw-yes my ears have been ringing! WOW. I don't even know where to begin. I'm blown away by your words. I will cherish them for a lifetime. I really mean that. I can definitely say all of the same things about you. I am blessed that our paths have crossed.

Thank-you for your love, encouragement, and sharing me with all your dear friends. Love ya', gal. :)

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

As always, you have such beautiful words to share.

Thanks for all your visits to check in on me. I treasure every single one of them. You are such a sweet friend.

Love you,

Teresa <><

Kim said...

I do think you should write this thing out. I think it could be a lot longer. Maybe something for NaNoWriMo??? I'm seriously considering trying to write 50,000 words in November.

Michelle said...

I love it. That is such a great conversation and definitely so much to explore yet.

But ahhhh how do you get from Scooby-Doo to Camelot?

T Rex Mom said...

Great haiku - I love the topic. These can be tough to write - I'm impressed.

kisatrtle said...

what a great story

Unknown said...

this is fabulous!. hilarious, in a good way! i can see it longer too.

Robyn Campbell said...

Kick it around no longer. Your pal and trusted adviser says, and I quote, "DO IT! Explore, explore!" I am captivated. Going to go and visit your friend. Any friend of yours, is definitely a pal of mine. :) Happy Halloween, Kelly. Bwa ha ha ha

The Write Girl said...

I love this concept of a haiku conversation...Sir Lancelot and Guinevere. What a romance!! Thanks for the creative inspiration here. Have a great weekend!!

Scott M. Frey said...

an interesting private, intimate moment between historic literary figures... I like it! Now I'm off to meet Angela!

Vickie said...

Kelly, I like it! You should continue and then get it published. In the future kids will be reading it for English class in school!!

Hey, I watch Scooby with my kids but nothing creative comes out of me.

the wild magnolia said...

Lovely, simply lovely.

Haiku, Hmmm...I'll Google and read up.

Thanks for stopping by.

Betty Manousos said...

That is great ! You should submit it!
Kelly, you're so talented!

Happy Sunday!

Big hugs,
B xx

Pat said...

Wonderful! Beautiful! A story in so few words! I love haiku.

Susan Fobes said...

Haiku was never my strong point, but it is definitely yours my friend! (BTW: don't forget about your Microfiction entry...)

Gerri said...

Very beautiful. I love reading your work! Thanks for telling people about Ang. She IS amazing and so are you my friend!