Here is what is randomly coming to mind right now:
- I'm looking forward to my library visit with the kids today. Getting out of the house is a good thing for mama's sanity. I'm also in desperate need of a good historical fiction novel. After we pick up a ton of picture books, I hope to find at least one book for me.
- What possessed me to buy a mini hockey set for my almost 7 year old? All I seem to say during these games are warnings: "Don't play too aggressively." "Watch that ball." "Be gentle with the stick. (like that's a possibility with three boys :)
- I hated typing when I worked at law firms years ago. Now I'm typing all the time for my son's publishing center. Of course, I had to find the one PTA job that no one really wants. However, the kids' stories are fun to read. One fifth grader wrote a story that came to 22 pages long (short little book pages).
- Last night, I decided to try and not have chocolate today. Big surprise, I failed already.
- Project Runway is on tonight. Hooray! Any fans out there? Isn't Anthony hilarious?
- Online Scrabble has become another mommy escape for me. I'm getting hooked.
- I'm caught up with my laundry. Wish I had a genie to fold it all.
- The state tests in English, Science and Math are coming up in the spring for my 4th grader. He dreads tests; I dread our study sessions. He is so easily distracted. I have to set up some kind of test prep schedule with him. I may have to get creative with these sessions. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
- I entered my first poetry contest. They should be announcing the winner soon. I can use that $1,000 prize money. Me and the other 3,000 poets who entered :)
- To all my female blogger friends: I'm having that crazy hormonal week that comes just before another "visit" every month. I'm so, so, so on edge and and super sensitive. I know that I'll be relatively normal next week. Hubby is laying low this week. Smart guy!
- We are becoming expert snowmen makers here. Now my daughter wants us to make a family of snow people on my deck. I'll have to hunt for more accessories. She wants the mama snowlady to wear earrings and a floppy hat. She'll be better dressed than me :)
P.S. One more random thing: My 13 year old just gave me a bit of his attitude right now. Unlike his Dad, he hasn't picked up on the "don't bother mommy this week" signals that I've been giving out. Now I know why I went for that chocolate :)