Thanks to Heather, Buzzy's Mama and This Crazy Little Thing Called Motherhood for giving me this AWESOME award! Thanks so much ladies, you're the best! I love how the crown sparkles! How do you think that crown would look on me as I did the dishes? It would definitely make a statement. :) Now if only I could get my kids to curtsy and bow...
According to this award's rules, I'm supposed to list seven awesome things about myself. I'll see if I can get creative with this list since I'm not too good at complimenting myself. You should have seen me on my wedding day. I would make a funny face whenever I received a compliment. I get a little fidgety when I'm in the spotlight.
- I'm good at keeping a conversation going. At one office Christmas party years ago, my husband and I were trapped at a table with couples who didn't have much to say about anything. After about 20 minutes, I started to ramble about all different things. By the end of the night, we were all laughing and having some fun. I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself. It felt like a monk convention at the start of the night!
- Quick diaper changer. Tons of experience in all sorts of situations.
- I have an active imagination. As a kid, I always had a "story" to tell, sometimes those stories got me in trouble. Now I like to tell stories on the spot to keep my restless kids amused in the van. Some days, it's tough when I'm out of "material".
- I love being in student mode. I'm not in school now, but I still like to brush up on some old subjects. You'll see me once in a while going over my old French grammar books.
- If there is a school project, I can get my kids to brainstorm and organize their materials. My kids need a "project coordinator" when first given a project. I hope that they will learn all about the importance of time management and organizational skills. You should see the blank look on their faces when they bring home a project. I wish the school would emphasize these skills more. Kids really need to understand how to plan out a project.
- I'm a word gal, so I love Scrabble, crossword puzzles and any word games.
- I do everything I can to keep my kids happy! I love them so much!