- Find uniforms, cleats, soccer socks and shinguards. They seem to go into a black hole during the winter.
- Dig out the chairs in the garage. Not that I sit much.
- Decide which snack will my little diva agree to at the field. I don't want a food meltdown if I can avoid it.
- Enough drinks for everyone. We're at the field for 1 1/2 hours. You think we were going on an expedition through the Sahara.
- Try to figure out what kind of ball will keep my kindergartner busy. Today he wanted his baseball glove and baseball. My daughter brought a Tigger ball. I carried it most of the time. I have to be careful that the ball doesn't get kicked into the game. I've lived through that embarrassment one too many times.
- Bring books for my daughter. If I get caught talking to another mom, it's good to give her something so she won't pull on my leg too much.
- When it gets warmer, I need to sunscreen the whole crowd. We would look like lobsters if we get a sunburn. Lotioning the kids is always a joy!
- I need to remember to turn on my cell phone so I can stay in contact with my husband at another soccer field. I tend to leave it off in my bag during the weekends.
- Now I keep baseball caps in the van. You never know when a kid demands a hat on a sunny day.
- Maybe a mommy cocktail would be nice considering my stress level? Too bad that I can't handle a drink anymore :)
As I sat in the van and turned the key, my son in a wiseguy way said,
"Mom, why are you still wearing your pajama pants?"