Friday, March 6, 2009

Mommy, someday I'll do ballet

My 3 year old daughter wants to be a ballerina. She spins around the house so happy in her movements. I have never had the opportunity to see a live ballet performance. It is an experience that I hope to share with my daughter someday. The little ballerina within my daughter inspired me to write this brief poem. This poem deals with the moments just before the dancer's spirit commits to sharing this graceful and even intimate form of dance with the audience.

Extend

Spotlight hits stage
as curled up soul
waits to burst
through motion.

Music peels away
as listening soul
unfolds perfect limbs
into full beauty.

I hope you can beautifully "dance" through today!

11 comments:

Jenners said...

This was gorgeous! I love it! You have some real talent there! And what little girl doesn't want to be a ballerina! If you haven't already, you got to get her a little leotard and tutu and the slippers -- it is so cute! I live vicariously through my friend's daughter who just caught the dancing bug too!

Joanne said...

Beautiful poem, painting a lovely image. "Perfect words, unfolding into full beauty."

Penny said...

I hope I can make it through this day. I am so tired! =)

Lucia said...

Beautiful.

We move so quickly here at home, does 'break dancing' count?!

CDB said...

What a lovely little poem for Friday. I love that you captured the spirit of her energy!

LuAnn said...

Great Poem!!! Have a great weekend. If your kids lived by me I would let them through rocks in the ditch.

The Write Girl said...

Hi Septembermom,

I love your poem! My favorite line is "Music peels away as listening soul unfolds perfect limbs into full beauty." It is so vivid and graceful, just like a ballerina. That is wonderful that your daughter wants to dance. I hope you both dance the weekend away. Take care.

Laura Marchant said...

Very nice poem. I hope you have a great weekend.

shabby girl said...

Oh! A lovely poem, for sure! This will be a perfect comment for sharing later, if she ends up leaping across a stage later on in life!!!

Beth Kephart said...

It feels just like that, waiting to dance....

Kim said...

It's amazing how our children inspire us to do things so lovely and uplifting! It must be neat to be thinking about some of the girlie things after all that boy stuff:)