Friday, October 18, 2013

So was it a Thoreau moment? I would like to think that I'm taking a five minute one sometimes.

There is no doubt that my determined labrador is fascinated with all that autumn offers here in New York. She pulled me through places in the wooded section of my backyard that were usually in my off limits zone. Gratefully, both Lily and I emerged from our ramblings unscathed and slightly winded. Considering that I have lived here for almost 14 years, I must give my Miss Lily credit for bringing me to a lovely location for reflection and pause.  This is definitely the time of year to stand still for a moment and gaze upward at all those varied colors of autumn as they sway with the breeze on those Heaven reaching limbs.

Now it is time for me to stretch these kind of achy limbs and get my little ballerina ready for dance class.

Until next time...take care.

6 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Nice post and good to see one here! Yes, our dogs know the best spots if we let them lead sometimes. Enjoy your beautiful fall weather. :)

Unknown said...

Hey lady! What a great reflection. I need a dog.

H.K. said...

It's always great to take the time for reflection. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Dominic de Mattos said...

HI Kelly. Just dropping by some old friends as I have been more or less missing from the blogging world for a couple of years! Hope all is well with you. Glad to see you are still posting from time to time :)
Take care, Dom

BECKY said...

Oh yes...I love autumn! But since I'm just now reading this in March 2014, I'm REALLY ready for spring and summer! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.