- Since my kids range in age from 13 to 5, I tend to know mothers of all ages. Today, teacher assignments went out in the mail. The younger mothers that I know all called me to see what I knew about each teacher. They seem to think that I have all the inside scoop since I've been around the "school" block for some years now. Today in a conversation, the topic of wedding anniversaries came up. I said, "Well, I was married in 1993." She paused and said, "Wow! I was in fifth grade that year."
- Can someone send me cute pom poms? I need some props to continue my cheerleading for hubby. I think I'm running out of "cheers" to keep him motivated in the job search. I find myself trying to be Ms. Optimistic even when doing the most routine chores. I remember yelling to him as I scrubbed the tub, "Don't worry Honey. You'll do fine. Keep thinking of your strengths and don't get sidelined by tricky questions." I'm some cheerleader with rubber gloves and my hair in a wacky ponytail.
- On Friday afternoon, I am helping clean soccer fields of all debris in order to get ready for a soccer tournament. Last year, my back ached for two days. You know how we pick up toys all day? It's like picking up toys continuously for three hours. I'm hunched over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame by the end of the day!
- Jillian's observation of the week: "Mommy, you know some things, but Grandma knows everything!"
- My love affair with paintings and prints may be eye opening for some of my friends and neighbors. I had a neighbor over the other day and she said, "You really like to cover up your walls with pictures." To me, it's adding color and life to my walls. Well, maybe I am hiding a mark or two :)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I feel random today and most days lately