I have been tagged! (Could mean something else on the Lost island. Yes, the Lost obsession continues!)
Back to business. The one and only Jenners (Renaissance woman of the blog world) tagged me to answer the following 11 questions. Thanks Jenners! 15 minutes until bus pickup #3. I'm ready for the challenge. Get the timer ready. Go!
- What’s the most played song on your iPod? (or CD collection if you’re old school)
“Fool to Think” – Dave Matthews Band
“She Don’t Know Me” – one of Bon Jovi’s first singles This song never gets old to me.
- What do you miss most about your childhood? Roller skating down old driveways in the Bronx. Not very graceful skater at all. No helmets in those days. We were lucky that all we got were scraped knees.
- What is your favorite poem? Theodore Roethke – “The Waking”
Emily Dickinson – “The Soul Selects Her Own Society”
- Without thinking too much, what are 5 of your favorite books of all time? (Just list them as they come to you … don’t think!!!!!) Pride and Prejudice, The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch), Madame Bovary, The House of the Spirits (Isabel Allende), Mansfield Park
- What was the last book you read? Tell me about it in 5 words or less. The Sum of Our Days – Isabel Allende Memoir stripped of pretense - raw
- Can you define irony and give an example? (This is self-serving as I’m struggling to do this with my son. I will so steal your answers if appropriate.) Imagine me sitting up perfectly straight (a rare occurrence) as I say in my most English teacher bookish voice: "Irony is saying the opposite of what you truly mean." An example: It’s Easter morning and I say, “No, no! Please don’t give me any chocolate bunnies. I detest them!” Never happening in my chocoholic universe.
- If you were forced to change your name, what would you change it to? Oprah the Second. Any TV producers looking for a sarcastic middle-aged housewife who will try her best to be “Oprahesque” for a low budget cable show? Hey, if The Jersey Shore can get ratings…maybe I can get some too! And maybe I could book Hugh Jackman...
- What author/TV show/movie/book/celebrity, do you absolutely despise and avoid at all costs? Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian So not impressed with whatever they do.
- What movie was actually better than the book it was based on? Gone With The Wind Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable - dynamic, electric on the screen
- Beatles or the Stones? Tough one. I could go either way depending on my mood. Lately, I'm a Stones' girl. Need that Jagger push some days.
- What is your favorite quote? “With God, all things are possible.”
“A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world.” Leo Buscaglia ( I had to give two.)