- Camp Kelly is in full swing, and I'm one tired camp counselor this morning. We haven't had a vacation since 2006. Once a stable job comes, I can't wait to pack my suitcase for anywhere. The kids always ask about going somewhere, going anywhere. I'm so glad that we have the town pool. We get a lot of use out of that pool pass. Hopefully, we'll get lucky soon with a job, and we can plan a little getaway maybe next year.
- I have an article deadline every Tuesday morning. I tend to get my article done (inspiration and writing) in 30 minutes. I write about parenting issues for yorktown.patch.com. No pay for these articles yet. However, my writing resume is growing. If you google me, a good number of pages come up about my article writing. I'm hoping that some supplemental income will come our way through my writing one day.
- I want my sons to crack open those math workbooks this summer. I keep emphasizing to them that 30 minutes a day will make a big difference when they go back to school in September.
- I miss blogging. I can tell that there is something missing when I don't get to visit all of you. The job hunt, job brainstorming, writing those unpaid articles, and keeping the kids entertained is really keeping me busy these days.
- I'm planning on putting up that karaoke vlog post with my kids' help this weekend. They think that I should sing Lady Gaga (like that would happen) instead of Elvis!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Just another random morning
I feel that need to go all random with my blog today. So here goes.